Users Who Spiked
IDEAS FOR FUN SPRING ACTIVITIES AND CRAFTS TO DO WITH YOUR KIDS
Spring has sprung. Well, in most areas of the country. Some areas are still getting snow, but I'm sure spring will be catching up soon. It's that beautiful time of year when the sun is shining, the temperatures are glorious, and there are finally lots of things to do. Today I'm going to share a list of activities and crafts that you can do with your kids this spring season.
1. Go to the park-Take your kids to the park and let them play on the playground equipment. You could also play your favorite family sports.
2. Go to the zoo-Spring is a great time to go to the zoo because everything feels fresh and new. You may even get to see some new baby animals at your local zoo.
3. Take in an outdoor concert-Look and see if your community has an outdoor band shell where local bands come to play. Gather up some blankets and snacks and enjoy an outdoor concert.
4. Make Jello Jiggler Eggs-Make jello jigglers and cut them into eggs for a yummy after school snack.
5. Enjoy the Drive-in-If you have a drive-in movie theater in your area, load up the kids and see a family-friendly movie.
6. Volunteer-There are lots of organizations that need help in the springtime. If your kids like flowers volunteer with your local gardening club. If your kids like animals, offer to walk dogs at the local animal shelter.
7. Start a garden-Teach your kids how to start and tend a garden. This is a great lesson that will be a continuous learning experience in the summer.
8. Wash the dog-Have the kids help you wash the dog in your backyard.
9. Wash the car-Have the kids help you clean your car the old fashioned way. In the driveway with buckets of soap and a hose. Don't forget the wax.
10. Make spring cupcakes-Bake cupcakes in your favorite flavor and top with green icing. If preferred, sprinkle on green colored coconut for grass. Top cupcakes with spring candies like Peeps, malted milk eggs, brightly colored sprinkles, etc.
11. Family yard sale-Have a family yard sale and put the money you earn towards something fun like a vacation, an event your family wants to attend, or even a family date night at the local ice cream shop. It doesn't matter how big or small as long as you do it together.
12. Go on a picnic-Pack a picnic and head to a state park that is an hour or two away. Your family will appreciate the fresh, new atmosphere and let's face it; food always tastes better outside.
13. Play in the backyard-Spend some time playing with the kids in the backyard. If you don't have playground equipment, play a game of tag, badminton, or tug of war.
14. Spring block party-This one will take some planning but see if your neighbors would want to do a spring block party. Everyone can bring a dish to share and any small outdoor sports equipment they may have to play with. (Basketballs, jump ropes, soccer balls, etc.) To make things extra fun, hire someone who knows how to paint faces or make balloon animals for an hour or two. Split the cost between all adult attendees. This way adults and kids can socialize together and spend time in the great outdoors of each other's yards.
1. Coffee Filter Butterflies-Have your kids color a coffee filter with markers. When they are done, spray them with just enough water to make the colors bleed. Let dry overnight. The next day, scrunch the filters in the middle and clip with a clothespin. Add two pipe cleaners for antennae and add two eyes and a smile to the top of the clothespin.
2. Rainy Days-Get a piece of white card stock and add stretched out cotton balls to the top to make clouds. You could even dip the top of them in gray paint to make storm clouds. Let your kids dip their fingers in blue finger paint and make raindrops.
3. Finger paint Rainbows-Buy finger paint paper and a variety of colored paints and let your kiddos make their rainbow.
4. Puff Paint Animals- Print off a template of a springtime animal like a bird, squirrel, butterfly, or rabbit and make coordinating colored puff paint to paint them with. Card stock works best for this project also.
5. Homemade Play Dough-Look up recipes for homemade play dough and let your kids pick which ones they want to make.
6. Collage Flowers-Print off a template of a flower and let your kids decorate them with scraps of paper or fabric, ribbon, glitter, etc.
7. Spring Slime-Look up slime recipes and make some fresh batches with bright colors.
8. Marble Painting-Print off a template of a flower and place it in a shoe box lid. Add some paint in small areas on the paper and add a marble. Let your kids maneuver the top as they "paint."
9. Pressing Flowers- Take a nature walk and gather flowers then bring them home and press them to preserve them.
10. Make a Kite-Let your kids decorate a picture of a kite any way they choose.
11. Homemade Bubbles-Look up recipes for homemade bubble solution and make a bottle for each one of your kids.
12. Homemade Sun Catchers-There are many different ways you can make these, from tissue paper to plastic beads and more. You can find instructions on various ways by doing an Internet search or looking on Pinterest.
There are many different ways to spend your Spring days and shaking off the winter doldrums. Go outside, enjoy the sunshine, and do something fun either indoors or outdoors today.
Photo by Mehdi Torabi on Unsplash
Please login to post comments on this story