Users Who Spiked
WAYS TO RESET AND REBALANCE WHEN FEELING OUT OF SORTS
It's incredibly easy to feel out of balance in times of uncertainty and stress. We all have had to learn to adjust to our new realities, to our home offices and to a life that is spent mostly inside rather than in the outdoors. This pandemic has shown me how easily life can fluctuate and how that can affect my mood in a similar way. So, if you have been feeling anxious, down, stressed, confined or any other way, here are a few things you can do to reset and rebalance.
1. Reconnect with an old friend: There is something about calling my oldest friend that really resets and grounds me. Conversations about coronavirus have been such a constant thing in my life and it can be really stressful and annoying. So, when I talk to my best friend, it is so refreshing to talk about literally anything else other than this pandemic. Sharing old memories and laughing about inside jokes is such an effective way to forget the realities and stresses of the moment and reconnect with myself and my loved ones.
2. Do a chakra meditation: I know a lot of people don't meditate but it can be very helpful, especially in these uncertain times. It is such a beautiful way to connect with your body, mind and soul. There are a lot of guided chakra meditations on YouTube, which is a great way to meditate especially if you've never done one before. I find that doing at least 10 min really changes my whole day by grounding me and rebalancing my headspace. Try one by Niki Shilling on the Rituals YouTube page.
3. Have a no-screen day: Now, more than ever, we are constantly surrounded by technology. Whether it is a zoom meeting for work or an online course, it is nice to have a moment to simply pause and look at something other than a screen. If you are feeling overwhelmed either because of the news, the number of meetings you have back to back or because you need to organize a virtual birthday party, you can simply choose one day of the week (weekends are great) to have a no-screen day! It will allow you to do other things such as outdoor hiking, reading, cooking new recipes and many more!
4. Say no: I think many of us have somehow grown used to saying yes out of fear that we may look "mean" or "rude" if we say no to certain things. However, now more than ever, it is crucial that we become a little bit more selfish and understand that it is ok to say no! If you feel like you have had enough zoom calls, social calls, or webinars to attend to, it is okay for you to cancel some of them. People will understand and you will feel much better. Being selfish every now and then is great for your mental health. It will allow you to rebalance and reset especially when you're feeling out of sorts.
5. Remember that we will get through this: I know that 2020 has felt like the longest year ever! Quarantine, self-isolation and coronavirus itself feels like something that will never end and these thoughts and feelings can cause you to go down a spiral of over-thinking, which may lead to negative thoughts. So, whenever you find yourself starting to go down this spiral, try to remember that this too shall pass and that we will get through these hardships. There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel and with time and patience we will get there. Keep your head up high <3.
I hope that these tips serve and help you guys to reset and rebalance.
Please login to post comments on this story